Are you looking for an alternative to selling on the marketplace? If so, you need a trusted online shop platform. However, maybe you don’t know what platform to choose. Moreover, the options you can find are abundant.
Amidst the many options available, Shopify vs WooCommerce is a platform that is often discussed. Both of them occupy the top two positions as the most popular online shop platform.
However, each of them has different features to answer user needs. In addition, in the end, you will be guided to determine the appropriate option for your needs.
Shopify vs WooCommerce at a glance
Shopify and WooCommerce are the two online shop platforms with the highest number of users. Currently, Shopify is used by more than 1,200,000 sites, while WooCommerce is used by more than 3,800,000 sites. Now, at a glance, what are the differences between the two platforms? You can find the answer below.
The most obvious difference between Shopify and WooCommerce is cost. Shopify is software as a service. This means that you need to pay in order to use it.
On the plus side, Shopify takes care of all the technical needs of your online store, from hosting management to security. In fact, you don’t even have to go to the trouble of upscale your shop. With Shopify, you can add as much merchandise to your stall as you like.
WooCommerce is a little different from Shopify. This platform is actually a WordPress plugin. Since the content management system (CMS) is indeed well known, it’s no wonder that WooCommerce is also loved by many online store activists.
The good news is, this platform is open-source and you don’t have to spend money to use it. However, you must understand how to set up a WordPress site. All aspects of the customization are also in your hands.
Plus, you need to find a hosting service and manage it yourself. You need a web design and development service that offers hosting services that are easy to use, even for laymen. Visit This: https://copelandcreative.com.au/web-design-and-development/
Each platform offers the best facilities in the industry. The thing that distinguishes the two is only the advantages and disadvantages.
To clarify the comparison of Shopify and WooCommerce, you can look at the following summary:
- Features – More or less the same as WooCommerce.
- Design – There aren’t as many theme options as WooCommerce.- Every theme comes with a design and you just need to set it up.
- Ease of Use – Setup is shorter and simpler than WooCommerce. However, its use is equally easy.
- Add-ons – There aren’t as many add-on options as WooCommerce.
- Payment Methods – You will be subject to a 2% discount for every transaction via a third-party payment gateway.
- Scalability – Easy scalability because you can sell as many products as possible and the loading of the shop will not slow down even as visitors increase.
- SEO – Optimization for SEO is easier because the technical side has been managed by Shopify.
- Security – Security is managed by Shopify.
- Support – You can get 24/7 support from customer support via phone, email, live chat, and Twitter.
- Cost – The estimated cost per month is clear but more expensive than WooCommerce.
- Features – More or less the same as Shopify.
- Design – More theme options than Shopify.- Shop designs have to be created from scratch, but you get more flexibility.
- Ease of Use– Setup takes longer but is no less easy to use than Shopify
- Add-ons – More add-on options than Shopify.
- Payment Methods – WooCommerce does not take any deductions from transactions via third-party payment gateways.
- Scalability – You will need to upgrade your hosting service to store more data and accommodate more visitors.
- SEO – All aspects of SEO must be managed on your own.
- Security – The management of security is yours.
- Help – There are many WooCommerce tutorials and help forums, but customer support only serves via support tickets.
- Cost – The estimated cost per month depends on the hosting service used. – Because of this, the costs can be cheaper than Shopify.