Several non-profit organizations and business companies believe to migrate their Microsoft SQL databases to MySQL server. For this purpose special software vendors recommend the best solution called “database converter”. Database converter transforms intact database or entity table from MSSQL into MySQL server format.
It is to be predicted that highly developed MSSQL to MySQL immigrating tools maintains all the great versions of SQL server, for example 2012, 2014, 2016 and work with Windows MySQL, Unix, and Linux as well as variations as Percona and MariaDB. Further important points of some database converters are an opinion to sustain Azure SQL, cloud variation of Microsoft SQL DBMS.
Few essential features of SQL Server to MySQL converters are:
- It maintains for all MS SQL data types
- Accurate exchange of most relevant table definitions, primary keys, indexes and constraints will all compulsory attributes.
- According to the objective format of MySQL provides intellectual processing to data.
- They have opportunities to transform MS SQL views into MySQL format.
- Scripting and developing the conversion to support for command line.
- Many option to merge, overwrite and synchronize MS SQL data with present MySQL table.
- Maintenance for Windows 7/8/10
- User-friendly boundary
- Unicode sustain
- It provides full installation and uninstallation support
The price range of conversion of MSSQL to MySQL database software is from zero to hundreds of Million US dollars. It is to be recommended not to use free converters and reason for that is such tools mostly come without any technical help and guarantees of conversion quality. The Supreme presentation-price quantity is reached by conversion utilities having price around $50 US dollars.
There are many tools but one of them is MSSQL to MySQL converter by intelligent converters that is a contributor of software solutions for database conversion, synchronization and migration from 2001.This useful immigrating database tool has all capabilities and qualities that listed above with this it also offers an additional advantages.
- There are some cases when MySQL server does not accept remote connections, so then the program itself can transfer the data into SQL script file. In this case, MS SQL data is transferred into the local file containing data definition (DDL) statements to generate tables with all indexes and constraints and fill it up with data. Afterward database expert will be able to import this file to MySQL server with the help of using a common tool like phpMyAdmin.
- Sometimes at the moments it is also required to convert limited data from a table or merge data from different tables into one single table. For few purposes, MSSQL to MySQL converter allows transforming result of particular queries working against the source SQL Server database.
- If we need to change type in the resulting database or column, the converter provides feature named “custom column mapping.” The “custom column mapping” feature allows changing the name, type, defaulting value and NULL-attribute for any column of MS SQL table such as prohibit certain columns from conversion.
You can further find more about Intelligent Converters and their SQL Server to MySQL conversion tool on the official product page.